Thursday, July 7, 2011

Cakes!

I feel the title is fairly self explanatory. :)

Made by my 8 year old sister! Strawberry cake with lemon icing, studded with sliced almonds, ringed with sliced kiwis and fresh strawberries, and decorated with spherical rainbow sprinkles. So. Delicious.

Made for my uncle and aunt's wedding anniversary. Hershey's Chocolate Cake recipe with some tweaks, frosted with Hershey's recipe Chocolate Frosting and ringed with skinless slivered almonds boiled in water, milk, and sugar. Decorated with red decorative gel and more almonds.

Mix-made yellow cake and my chocolate citrus glaze (cocoa powder, powdered sugar, a couple drops of oil, and pulp-free orange juice). Adds a rich and citrusy kick to any cake.

I made this for my little sister's 7th birthday. Chocolate cake filled with lactose-free vanilla ice cream (mixed with green food color and peppermint extract), frosted in vanilla frosting and decorated with blue decorating sugar and chocolate sprinkles.


Made for my flamingo-obsessed friend's 19th birthday. Strawberry cake with pink creamcheese frosting, decorated with black decorating icing.

No comments:

Post a Comment